Sometimes I can’t make the connection they want. You might ask why? More often than not it is because the person is ‘attached’ or ‘supporting’ another who is still here living on the earth plane. So what does that really mean?
Actually there are 2 types of ‘attachments’:
1. In Limbo Attachment. This is when a person is not completely crossed over. Limbo is not the purgatory that other religions make it out to be. Limbo is not negative or positive, it just is. Its the dimension between the dimensions of Heaven and Earth. It has its own vibration. When the deceased is in limbo they are usually connected or attached to a person, place or thing.
Examples of an “In Limbo Attachment”:
“Person” is usually someone in our inner circle of relationships. A spouse or partner, a sibling, a child, or a parent. This person is someone who the deceased is having a hard time letting go of. Generally they are worried or concerned for this person, and will stay with them until they think this person is/will be ok. For example, I recently had a client who’s father had passed suddenly and unexpectedly. He was found by her husband. The husband was a recovering alcoholic and had been dry for over a decade. After finding his wife’s father he began drinking again as a way to cope with the grief and to help numb the pain of remembering that moment. The Father has attached himself to his son-in-law because he knows that if he goes off the deep end, his daughter will follow him. He will stay with the son-in-law until he feels he is ok, and then will move forward into the heaven dimension.
“Place” as in a physical location. It could be your home, your favourite vacation spot, a family members home, the place you passed. Especially if it was a tragic passing. This is commonly referred to as a haunting. When the deceased is not ready to move from the physical existence to the metaphysical existence. Often they will gently disrupt the energy in the space. They will play with lights, and doors. You may even hear them walking or talking.
“Things” Ah humans, we are so materialistic at times. I jokingly say that my husbands antique car, the one he bought before he even had a drivers license, is the thing he will attach too when he passes. Jewellery, cars, boats, pieces of furniture are all examples and the possibilities are endless. However, it must be something that would have been extremely important to the deceased person. A real life example of this would have been a house clearing that I accompanied my mother to many years ago in the Niagara Falls area. There was a soldier in the century old home who had passed because of some wounds that were inflicted in the battle of Ridgeway. He died in the home, but before passing he hid a pocket watch, a silver plated cup and a letter to his wife in the wall of the loft (attic). This soldier quietly ‘lived’ here for decades. In the early 1990’s the home was renovated and these items were found and taken. The soldier became irate. This is when the hauntings became apparent. He would tell the owners to get out, slam doors and move items. The home was then sold under the premise that it was too small for the family. When the new family moved in they quickly met our disgruntled soldier. He continued to haunt the family and became more and more agitated. That was when my mom was called in. She worked on helping him cross over. Explaining that there was nothing that could be done to retrieve his items, making him aware of the current date and that his wife was probably passed and waiting for him in heaven. It took some time (as convincing someone that they have free will usually does), but he did eventually leave.
2. Completely Crossed Attachment. This is when the person has moved through all of the dimensions (earth, limbo, and heaven). Once they have completed their ‘life review’ , or judgement for lack of a better term, they get their free will back. They now have the opportunity to go anywhere, see and do anything. Not surprisingly, they usually come back for us. They come check on us. Sometimes they feel that they can help us by keeping a stable energy around us. They go were they feel they are needed most, or where the most turmoil is. I know I have told a few clients that their loved ones have their hands full trying to help others here on the earth dimension. This situation seems to be especially true for those who were caring and nurturing individuals in life, as we keep our personalities in death.
In either case, you will find that the level of communication will not be great, or my not even be possible unless the Medium is in connection with the ‘Person, Place or Thing’ that the deceased is attached to. When this happens, all we can do is WAIT! Wait for a sign. We wait for the deceased to show up in our dreams and have a strong interaction with us (examples: clear conversation, or an embrace). You may also hear their voice on more than one occasion.
Sometimes we need to remove ourselves from the equation. Its not easy to do, but if you take the time to think about it, you too would probably go where you are needed most. When wanting to connect with someone who has died take a moment to think about the other people in the deceased persons life who was important to them. Are they all ok? Are they coping well within their state of grief? How is their health and well being? Try to consider and remember these things, as they could impact who or how shows up at your reading.
Common Examples of an Attachment:
- The couple who were happy and very much in love; one has passed. It is only natural that the deceased would be attached to the living one. Trying to help them adjust to their new life. Waiting patiently to be ‘re-united’ on the metaphysical plane.
- The young child who has passed, who was still dependant on their mother…. wouldn’t it be the mother who needs that comfort the most?
- The parent that has guilt about dying and leaving their child alone or un-supported.
- There was a huge argument or disagreement after their passing (possibly about a will or lack there of). Wouldn’t that person be trying to help settle or create peace between the parties?
The message in this blog may not be what you want to hear, but something that should be recognized as this happens more often than you might think!
Thank you for reading loves. Sending you & yours love & light, Truly